Mar 29, 2011

Drilled Radius Rods

Well over the weekend made a little more progress on the front end. We drilled the radius rods so that they would match the frame and the front axle. We started out at like 1 1/4 hole and ended at about 3/4 in. I think they turned out really well.

Before:

IMG_0295

After:

IMG_0306

IMG_0299

IMG_0304

We also mocked the rods up with the axle and frame looks pretty wild!!

IMG_0307

Slowly but surely its coming along.

Mar 23, 2011

Drilled the Front Axle

Wes was able to get the front axle drilled out and I think it looks really good. Recently being trying to decide if were going to bag the front and the rear. Due to cost factors aka (1000-$1500) to bag the front were only going to bag the rear.

I’m shooting for a ride height of 4.5-5inches. Here’s a pic of the axle.

IMG_0259

Mar 4, 2011

Got My Motor

Found myself an engine for the car 2 weeks ago on craigslist. It was a LS v8 5.3L (LM7 to be exact) out of a 2006 Chevy 1 Ton Van. Its supposedly got 78k miles on it and from the looks of it I believe this is the truth.

Drove over to St.Charles on Monday with my boy Todd Jacks picked it up and then headed strait back to Columbia.

These motors are putting down pretty good numbers when you throw some boost on them. 500-700HP no problem on 8-12PSI with just more fuel and a standalone / modified ecu / cam.

Here are some pictures still got to get her all cleaned up.

Had to strap the motor down pretty good for the 100 miles drive home. Not gonna lie I was pretty nervous that it was just going to roll out going down the highway.

IMG_0237

On the engine stand.

IMG_0240

Also got the guy to throw in a steering column and gauge cluster out of the 06 van figured I could use them at some point or someone I know could.

Well I’m outta here it’s the weekend time to have some fun! Mardi Gra here we come! haha

Mar 3, 2011

Removed The Frame

Well last week we took the body off the frame that way we can finish applying the primer. This will also allow us to start welding up the brackets to attach the rear axle. Here’s a few pictures of the frame and body separated. Wesley’s garage is getting packed we will probably end up moving my sedan body over to my garage.

IMG_0228

IMG_0229

IMG_0230

So as you can see its getting kind of cramped.

Anyways that’s all I got.